Voting is now underway for the ratification of the brand new DGA movie and TV contract. Members have been despatched ballots tonight together with the memorandum of settlement, in addition to an government abstract of the brand new cope with the Alliance of Movement Image and Tv Producers. The tentative settlement was accredited final evening by the DGA nationwide board, which unanimously advisable that members ratify it. Voting have to be accomplished by June 23.
“In this new agreement,” DGA President Lesli Linka Glatter advised members, “we were able to win many significant advancements, including a number of important industry ‘firsts’ including: essential protections regarding AI, terms and conditions in non-dramatic SVOD programs as well as high-budget AVOD programs, Feature Director compensation for ‘soft prep,’ expanded paid post-production for Episodic Directors, a new foreign streaming residuals structure based on subscribers, and banning live ammunition on sets. We also obtained critical improvements in wages, streaming residuals, safety, diversity, and additional creative rights gains. What is particularly striking about the agreement is the breadth and depth of the achievements made, providing significant new benefits for members in every category.”
Key highlights of the settlement, she wrote, embody:
- Wages and Advantages: Received the best basic wage good points in additional than 35 years together with a 5% enhance within the first 12 months of the contract, 4% within the second 12 months and three.5% within the third 12 months. In 12 months two of the settlement, an extra 0.5% wage enhance will fund a first-time new parental go away profit for DGA members.
- World Streaming Residuals: Achieved important will increase within the residuals for dramatic packages made for SVOD by securing a brand new residual construction to pay international residuals based mostly on variety of international subscribers. The result’s a 76% enhance in international residuals for the most important platforms in order that residuals for a one-hour episode will now be roughly $90,000 for the primary three exhibition years.
- Generative Synthetic Intelligence: Secured settlement that the customary and contractual duties assigned to DGA-represented staff should proceed to be assigned to DGA-represented staff coated by the settlement, and that GAI doesn’t represent an individual.
- Non-Dramatic Packages: For the primary time, we established phrases and circumstances for administrators and their groups on non-dramatic (e.g., Selection and Actuality) packages made for SVOD. We now have improved residuals for Administrators, which can now be shared with Affiliate Administrators and Stage Managers.
- Excessive Price range Dramatic AVOD Phrases and Situations: We achieved new phrases, artistic rights protections, working circumstances and improved residuals – which embody UPMs and Assistant Administrators, for our members working in scripted dramatic initiatives made at no cost to the patron streaming providers equivalent to Freevee, Tubi, and Roku.
- Function Administrators: For the primary time, we gained compensation for the months of “soft prep” Function Administrators at present carry out at no cost previous to the beginning of the Director’s official prep interval.
- Episodic Administrators: For Pay TV and SVOD, Episodic Administrators gained expanded paid post-production artistic rights, and gained an extra assured shoot day for one-hour packages. Collectively, these enhancements will lead to a 28% enhance within the assured minimal compensation for many Administrators engaged on one-hour sequence made for Pay TV or Excessive Price range SVOD from $50,764 to $64,960 over the time period of the Settlement.
- Discount in Hours: We achieved a critically essential discount within the size of the Assistant Director’s day by one hour.
- Security: We obtained concrete security developments together with a pilot program to require the employment of devoted security supervisors and danger evaluation; expanded security coaching packages for each administrators and their groups, and the ban of reside ammunition on set.
Right here’s a chart and an government abstract despatched to members that incorporates all the important thing deal factors.
“In addition to these breakthroughs,” she wrote, “we have increased Studio transparency in residuals reporting that will result in greater enforcement and larger residual payments, made improvements in diversity and inclusion, added Juneteenth as a paid holiday and many additional gains for members in all categories.
“These accomplishments are thanks to a year and a half of research and preparation, and weeks of incredibly complex negotiations by an extraordinary team: Negotiations Chair Jon Avnet and Co-chairs Karen Gaviola and Todd Holland, our National Executive Director Russell Hollander, and our Negotiations Committee, made up of more than 80 members representing all categories. In addition, I want to recognize the heroic efforts of Creative Rights Chairs Thomas Schlamme and Nicole Kassell for their work in furthering the creative rights for our television directors. I am so proud of all of the phenomenal efforts of our members who participated in negotiations, alongside our excellent professional DGA staff, and I thank everyone involved for their dedication to achieving an excellent new contract for all DGA members.
“I am proud to present this agreement to you for your approval. In addition, we are scheduling a series of meetings for members to find out more about the new agreement and ask questions and will be sending that information shortly.
“This ballot represents your highest responsibility as a Guild member and the core of why the Guild has existed and remained strong for almost 90 years – to protect your economic and creative rights and freedoms. The Negotiations Committee and the Guild’s National Board unanimously – and enthusiastically – recommend that you vote YES for ratification of the Agreements.”