16 Actors Share First Hollywood Paycheck Splurges
For those who’ve ever puzzled what you’d do with a Hollywood payday, right here’s what 16 actors splurged on once they acquired their bag for the primary time.
From shopping for “lemons” to a very good ‘ol Chicago canine, there’s fairly a variety of what these actors splurged on as soon as payday got here. The solutions are fairly attention-grabbing.
1. Timothée Chalamet instructed GQ he nabbed his first huge paycheck from a “Disney commercial,” and like a real New Yorker, his first splurge was on “nosebleed Knicks season tickets.” Sadly, it was the yr that followers thought LeBron James would come to New York, however as an alternative, he headed to Miami, which threw a wrench in his hopes for the staff. Timothée then shared he needed to spend afternoons attempting to dump the tickets after college.
2. Selena Gomez purchased a “Louis Vuitton laptop bag” together with her “first big check,” she instructed Harper’s Bazaar. Besides, as an alternative of flaunting her designer items round, she revealed she was so “scared” that she was going to “mess it up.” She mirrored on how she pretended she was a “little businesswoman who needed to carry all her important things,” however actually, it held her “lip gloss” and “laptop.”
3. Jennifer Aniston instructed Pop Sugar that her first splurge turned out to be a nasty funding. She mentioned, “My first big splurge was on a Mercedes that had a ‘for sale’ sign on it for almost two years.” She had frequently passed by the “little white 280 SL Mercedes” on Melrose Avenue in Los Angeles before she finally bought it. “I always was like, ‘I can’t wait, someday, someday [I’ll buy it].’ And one day, I bought it, and then I drove it and then drove it again, and it never drove again,” Jennifer recalled. “It was a lemon, and that’s why it had been sitting there. And I didn’t know any higher to get it checked out, in order that was only a good 25-year-old mistake.”
4. Previous to Sylvester Stallone’s breakout position in Rocky, he was as soon as a struggling actor. In reality, instances had been so arduous that Sylvester as soon as needed to promote his beloved bullmastiff, Butkus, to an acquaintance for $50, he instructed Shortlist. However when he bought the Rocky script, he went to see his good friend and “begged” for his canine again. Nonetheless, his good friend refused, telling Sylvester that his youngsters now beloved the canine, and even threatened to battle the actor. Thankfully, there was a cheerful ending — albeit, an costly one. “[Several] threats later,” Sylvester ended up paying “$3,000” for Butkus, who went on to star in Rocky and Rocky 2 with Sylvester.
5. When Cardi B first broke on to the scene, she shared with WE television that she splurged on a $60,000 Patek Philippe watch. “I probably could have put a down payment on a car, but you know what, like people was telling me, you gonna make it back,” she mentioned. “Everybody’s telling me, ‘Like yo, you a rapper, you gotta shine, you gotta bust it!” It labored out ultimately, she added, as a result of when she first met frequent collaborators, Migos, they had been “very impressed” together with her bling.
6. For Stranger Issues star Joe Keery, his first buy was very low-key — all he wished was a sizzling canine. “A Chicago dog,” Joe instructed Leisure Tonight. “I went back home to Chicago, and I went to The Wieners Circle and got a hot dog. A Chicago dog.”
7. John Boyega spilled on the Graham Norton Present what he purchased together with his Star Wars paychecks, and it’s, uh, a group of oddities. Included in a few of John’s purchases: two lion sculptures that sit on the perimeters of his mattress, a saxophone lamp, a Spartan-inspired helmet, and a small metallic knight that dispenses rest room paper. “I’m just a big fan of weird things,” shrugged John.
8. When Emma Watson’s Harry Potter paychecks got here in, her spending was very down-to-earth. She purchased herself a automotive — and nope, it wasn’t one thing flashy, or notably speedy. She purchased herself a “sensible” Prius. “I got my license last year, and I love the Prius,” she instructed Interview. “And, to be fair, it’s not the prettiest car on the road, but it’s good for the environment,” she mentioned. “It’s sensible and boring — like me.” And along with the Prius, she additionally purchased herself a “laptop” and took her dad on a vacation to Tuscany.
9. Harry Potter collection costar Daniel Radcliffe, like Emma, can also be low-key on the subject of splurges. He instructed CNN, “The things I like buying are things that cost about 10 pounds — books and CDs and DVDs.” When the actor turned 18, and had entry to his Harry Potter paychecks, he revealed to Sky Information, “The one time I’ll spend a wad of money in a single go — and that is going to sound so nerdy — is in bookshops. I’ve gone out of bookshops with a pile of 15 to twenty books earlier than — it’s extreme.” Daniel added, “The one barely lavish factor that I do generally is that I’d take all my buddies out for an evening out. And that is, like, annually. I am refreshingly boring.”
10. The ultimate member of the Harry Potter trio, Rupert Grint, spilled on what he first splurged on for the Armchair Professional podcast, and his reply was very…distinctive. “It was quite overwhelming, like I literally did not know what to do,” Rupert shared. “I bought a hovercraft and an ice cream van,” he answered. “That was my first car.” However that wasn’t it, essentially the most attention-grabbing half, Rupert revealed: “I went through a phase with loads of animals. I had alpacas, pigs, yeah, it was a whole thing. I think I was 16…” He added, “It was chaos. Alpacas are insane.”
11. In an interview with ShortList, Tom Hiddleston revealed his first splurge was a automotive — a Peugeot 106 1.1 that he had for “10 years” and “drove it around France and Spain.” However he later revealed to Bustle that his first splurge was later wrecked by “joy-riders.” The automotive was “sadly stolen” and “impounded” and “wrecked by some joy-riders in London.”
12. Oprah Winfrey shared on Oprah Every day what her splurge was when she obtained her first million-dollar test. “The thing that I splurged on was really good towels,” she mentioned. “I love great towels. Towels that are so big and fluffy you could wrap yourself, your whole body in… I splurged on really good, fluffy Ralph Lauren towels.”
13. Awkwafina has starred in movies about loopy quantities of cash, however surprisingly, she revealed she’s not a lot of a spender. Nonetheless, she did as soon as deal with herself to a “Gucci handbag and Ableton software,” she instructed iNews. And he or she makes an exception, however solely on the subject of karaoke. She shared with the Huffington Submit, “I don’t splurge on literally anything, except for karaoke nights.” She mentioned, “If I’m treating, like, a whole group of friends. I’ll drop, like, 3 G’s on a group night of karaoke, but for myself? No!” She additional defined, “These pants are from Target, dude! What my Grandma instilled in me is an anxiety that it’s going to be gone.”
14. When Kerry Washington booked the basic movie, Save the Final Dance, she saved up her per diem — a each day allowance given for residing bills when touring for work — and acquired herself a laptop computer. Kerry instructed the Hollywood Reporter, “I couldn’t believe somebody was handing me cash, and I literally used to hide it under my mattress for the whole movie. I put myself on a tight budget of what I could spend. And at the end of it, I used all the cash from the three months and bought my first laptop.”
15. Tom Cruise shared on the Graham Norton Present that together with his first ever paychecks, he put household first. “I paid for my sister’s college education,” shared Tom. “And then I bought my other sister a car.”
16. In the identical interview, Tom’s Mission: Not possible — Fallout costar Henry Cavill shared for his first splurge, he wished to deal with himself to a brand new automotive. (Like Tom Hiddleston, Henry additionally drove a Peugeot.) When he and his father visited a storage store, an Audi R8 caught Henry’s eye, however a good nicer automotive caught his dad’s eye — an Aston Martin DBS. Properly, lengthy story quick, Henry ended up buying the nicer choice, which clocks in at round $333,686, in line with Automotive and Driver. “So, that was my second car,” mentioned Henry. “That’s quite a trajectory,” joked Graham.
What could be your splurge? See you within the feedback!